We are super excited to announce you some great news. Without more suspense, a new version of the Pixy is here at RobotShop. As some of you might know, Pixy is the popular robot camera/vision sensor released by Charmed Labs. The first version of Pixy has successfully raised $274,352 from 2802 backers through its Kickstarter campaign. Today, we are happy to let you know that Pixy2 is available.
Here are some features of the Pixy2 compared to its predecessor :
- Faster: 60 frames per second (vs 50 frames per second for Pixy1)
- Smaller: less than half the size of Pixy1
- Cheaper: Pixy2 costs $59 (vs $67 for Pixy1.)
- New “line following” mode: many educational and hobbyist robot makers create robots that follow line paths. Pixy2 has custom algorithms for detecting and tracking lines. It can also decode “road signs”. The road signs can tell your robot what to do like turning right, turning right or slowing down, etc.
- Improved software: Pixy’s software PixyMon is improved by making it more intuitive and responsive. The Arduino and Raspberry Pi libraries have also been revisited by adding more examples, making them easier to understand and extending their functionality
- Redesigned Pan Tilt: The new pan tilt is smaller and faster than the Pixy1 Pan Tilt
- Built-in light source (dual LEDs) for illuminating what Pixy is looking at
Pixy2 vs Pixy
Pixy2 and Pixy2 Pan&Tilt can be purchased here :