Sam Watts is one of the foremost thinkers on VR and the Director of Immersive Technologies at MakeReal, a company that believes that immersive digital products are transforming the way we work, play and learn.
In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover many things, including:
- How psychedelics started the virtual reality movement
- Why dystopian VR is unlikely in Sam’s opinion
- What areas are advancing rapidly and causing VR’s progress
- The reason a single company probably won’t own the VR market
- Why immersive experiences change the equation for entertainment of the future
- The problem with consumer VR today and what needs to change to spur adoption
- What is the experience escape velocity and why is it so important?
- When we can expect to see consumer VR takeoff
- The chicken and the egg problem of content and cost
- Why 5G will drive adoption of VR
- The reason the future is likely mixed reality