CLEVELAND and BOSTON — Business-to-business publisher WTWH Media has announced a series of keynotes, sessions, and workshops at this year’s Robotics Summit & Expo dedicated to educating the robotics engineering community about how artificial intelligence and machine learning are making commercial and cognitive robots smarter and more useful.
Topics include decision making, object identification, vision processing, autonomous navigation, motor control, and sensor integration, as well as speech, facial, and emotion recognition. The Robotics Summit takes place June 5-6, 2019 at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston, Mass. See www.roboticssummit.com for more details.
“The use of AI and machine learning to improve the functionality of robotics systems is increasing dramatically,” said Dan Kara, vice president of robotics at WTWH Media. “However, the rate at which new cognitive robotics technologies and services are being introduced into the market is so rapid, it is very difficult for robotics engineers to track and understand important innovations and enablers. We are emphasizing cognitive robotics and intelligent machines at the Robotics Summit to address this critical challenge.”
Programming at the summit about cognitive robotics and intelligent machines includes the following:
- Opening keynote: Bringing AI-Powered Robots to Life — Deepu Talla, VP and GM of Autonomous Machines, NVIDIA
- Keynote: The Role of the Cloud in the Future of Robotics — Roger Barga, GM, AWS Robotics and Autonomous Services, Amazon Web Services
- The Role of UX in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence — Dai Le, Robotics Product Designer, and Hamid Badiozamani, Software Engineer, Brain Corp.
- Sole Agent Syndrome and Machine Learning for Human-Like Behavior — Russell Toris, Director of Robotics, Fetch Robotics
- Developing a Home Robot: An Evolving Reality — Roland Angst, Head of ASUS Robotics and AI Center, ASUS
- Developing Adaptive Robots That Keep Humans in the Loop — Massimiliano Versace, CEO, Neurala
- Service Robots for Commercial Spaces: The Path From Autonomous to Intelligent Robots — Marcio Macedo, co-founder and VP of Product and Marketing, Ava Robotics
About the Robotics Summit & Expo
The Robotics Summit brings together the brightest minds in robotics from around the world to share their commercial robotics development experiences and expertise. Tracks in the Robotics Summit include Technologies, Tools and Platforms; Design and Development; and Manufacturability, Production and Distribution. For additional details, visit http://www.roboticssummit.com. Attendees should register by March 29 to take advantage of early-bird pricing.
About WTWH Media LLC
WTWH Media is a business-to-business integrated media company serving engineering, business and investment professionals through 40+ websites and five print publications, along with many other technical and business events. The WTWH Network includes The Robot Report, an online technical, business, and investment news and information portal focused on robotics and intelligent systems, as well as the Robotics Summit & Expo. See www.wtwhmedia.com.
The post Cognitive robotics, intelligent machines take center stage at Robotics Summit & Expo 2019 appeared first on The Robot Report.