The Embrace the Trace™ program is the least-intrusive contact tracing technology on the market. Privacy is a key priority — the patent pending program is designed to operate with just an email address and mobile phone number. There are no overly intrusive tracking technologies that monitor individuals’ every move. By using a simple downloadable QR code that is fully operated and controlled by the individual, individuals are ensured the utmost privacy while assisting in reducing the spread of COVID-19.
How does it work?
Along with safeguarding individual privacy, the usability and effectiveness of the program is second to none. By eliminating the need for Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, RFID or LTE not only does the program avoid the problems associated with continuous tracking of individuals, it also is very simple to use. Downloading a QR code to a mobile phone or printing out the QR code and using it to scan in and out of locations is a simple and secure, trustworthy approach to contact tracing.
How do we actually achieve successful contact tracing?
Here are some simple guidelines to follow when choosing the best contact tracing solution:
- Prioritize individuals’ privacy by adopting a user-controlled experience with no need for intrusive 24/7 covert tracking.
- Reduce or eliminate the cost to individuals to participate.
- Support contact tracers by securely providing them with information quickly and effectively.
- Create a single report for timely reporting and accurate contact tracing of exposed individuals.
- Make the program easy to use and easy to adopt.
- Never use program information for spamming/marketing or the like, and delete QR code scan data on a rolling basis after 60 days.
Other contact tracing apps that have been introduced in the market require individuals to sacrifice their privacy, and as a result those apps have been largely ineffective with little adoption. The Embrace the Trace™ program is the best way forward and a win-win-win for individuals, public health authorities and their contact tracers, and Gathering Places. With COVID-19 cases still on the rise, this affordable and least intrusive program is essential to reducing cases and reopening the country.
For more information on how to sign up to participate, check out embracethetrace.com.
The post Finally, a Contact Tracing Solution that Cares About Individual Privacy appeared first on Campus Safety Magazine.