As title states, I am looking for a gearbox with as little backlash as I can find, but I need the price to be like under $100… well under if possible. This is for a consumer grade product and while minimizing backlash is the goal, it doesn’t need to be exactly 0. Maybe up to 1 arcmin would be acceptable.
General things I’m looking for:
- Holding Torque around 3-5nm
- Repeated Torque around 8-10nm
- Reduction ratio pretty flexible, but maybe in the 10-100:1 range
- Relatively lightweight
Other than that, I’m really pretty open to design/materials. Willing to get creative as well.
So far I’ve found:
- Harmonic Drive Strain Wave – seems pretty high end/even more precise than I need. And used models are $200+.
- Igus “drygear” Strain Wave – so far the most promising, but they’re still in development and might come in a little too low on torque numbers
- IM Systems Archimedes Drive – In development, but was quoted ~$3k for a single unit
- Genesis Robotics Reflex Gear – Still in development.
Anybody got any other ideas? Any 3d printing shops out there that can do a strain wave at reasonable scale (100s of units)?